Please take a few minutes and review this Policy. For new users, this Policy is effective immediately; for existing users, this Policy takes effect when you next use eBay’s RedLaser website, tools, applications, and services (individually and collectively, “RedLaser”) or after 30 days from March 10, 2011 whichever is sooner. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
If you do not accept this Policy, eBay may not be able to provide you with access or use of RedLaser. Accordingly, you may close your account firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy describes how eBay’s RedLaser websites, tools, applications, and services (“RedLaser”) handle your personal information. RedLaser collects, uses, and shares personal information to help RedLaser work and keep RedLaser safe (details below).
Binding Corporate Rules. In addition to the privacy practices set out in this Policy, eBay Inc. has established a set of Corporate Rules (also referred to as Binding Corporate Rules), approved by a number of European Union privacy regulators. These Corporate Rules are a commitment by eBay Inc. to adequately protect your personal information regardless of where the data resides, and depending upon your location, may provide additional privacy rights through your privacy regulator or a court. If you would like additional information regarding the Corporate Rules contact us via the contact details below.
Collection. Information posted on RedLaser is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in the United States and in the European Union and elsewhere in the world where RedLaser has facilities. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to RedLaser’s collection, use, disclosure of your personal information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in the United States and Europe and elsewhere in the world where RedLaser has facilities. We collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information;
- computer (or device) sign-on data (including device ID when using or downloading the RedLaser App), statistics on page views, traffic to and from RedLaser and ad data (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site); and
- other information, including users’ IP address and standard web log information.
Use. RedLaser uses users’ personal information to:
- provide our services
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- encourage safe interactions and enforce our policies;
- customize, measure, and improve user experience and our services, content, and advertising;
- deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers to you according to your preferences;
- do other things for users as described when we collect the information.
Disclosure. RedLaser doesn’t sell or rent users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users’ explicit consent. RedLaser may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. RedLaser may also share personal information with:
corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services. (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who ask them to).
service providers who help with our business operations.
Information You Share on RedLaser. Your User Name will be displayed in the RedLaser Support Forum and will be available to the public. If you associate your name with your User Name, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify some of your RedLaser activities.
Transfer of Personal Data to Other Companies. We may share your information with members of the eBay Inc. corporate family – like eBay or PayPal – to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
Security. We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing’s perfect, so we make no guarantees.
Cookies. RedLaser or our service providers may use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services. For more information on your choices about accepting cookies, consult your browser help function.
General. Redlaser may update this Policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use RedLaser or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If eBay or our affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, eBay may share personal information with another company, but this Policy will continue to apply. Send questions about this Policy to Customer Support as email@example.com.