RedLaser is looking for innovators that thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. If you are interested in any of these positions, please send your resume to email@example.com. Thanks!
(San Jose, CA)
The RedLaser team is passionate about helping customers shop and research using their mobile devices to find the best deals online & offline.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative designer to be a key member of the product team and drive the user interaction and visual design for one of the most popular products for mobile devices today.If you love and have experience designing simple, engaging mobile applications, are looking for a fast-paced, start-up like environment, and crave an audience of millions of people, this is the job for you!
Why this position rocks:
- Take a central role in creating a customer-facing product that people love and has been downloaded by over 20MM users – consistently a top-ranked app in the Apple App Store and Android Market
- Work in a fast-paced, independent startup environment … backed by a Fortune 500 company
- Drive cutting-edge collaborations with music & entertainment industry partners such as Live Nation and Atlantic Records (and execute promotions at incredible events such as CES, SXSW & Sasquatch! Music Festival)
Level: We need someone with mobile design experience, and we’ll want to see your portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Product design for RedLaser with a focus on our iPhone app
- Working closely with Product Managers, engineers, marketing and research — you’ll be involved in everything from research and ideation to rapid prototyping, usability testing, development and post-launch evaluation
- Bringing strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into interaction and visual design solutions
- Create wireframes, interactions flows, visual designs, and specs for developers
- Translate user goals and behaviors into design ideas. Create workflow diagrams, wireframes, and mock-ups rapidly and at an appropriate level of fidelity (e.g., sketching, Balsamiq, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
- Assess data from multiple sources (e.g., product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics) and synthesize it in order to develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, classification schemes, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Help define, request and incorporate relevant and recent UX research and data from customers to appropriately inform design decisions
- Be uncompromising on creating a compelling product and a great user experience. Be the prime advocate for RedLaser users
- Strong focus on usability, efficiency, and scalability
- Passionate about metrics, but have confidence in making judgment calls
We keep it simple: Mobile design experience is all we need. That said, experience creating prototypes is a plus.